|Image Name||Width x Height||Size|
|SIA2348.jpg||443 x 600||54K|
|SIA2348.jpg||885 x 1200||194K|
(1819-1906) Tenant J. Crawford farm. Before the war, Biggs had used his home as a stop along the "Underground Railroad." He was known as a veterinarian. After the battle he obtained the contract to "raise the dead and put them into coffins." He could haul nine at a time for burial in the Soldier’s National Cemetery. After the war he owned the ‘copse of trees’ of Pickett’s Charge fame . . .