|Image Name||Width x Height||Size|
|SIA4113.jpg||1600 x 1104||491K|
|SIA4113.jpg||5616 x 3876||7M|
Excavations here in 1968 discovered that four of the Stockade walls ran through this part of the site, including one wall with a round bastion and two with rectangular bastions. The partial reconstruction seen here represents one of the open-backed bastions associated with the third or fourth constructions of the wall.
Excavations in 1988 found more sections of the Stockade wall and portions of a round and rectangular bastion farther to the west. They also showed where the Mississippians had filled in part of this area before building the walls.